Welcome to Oak Grove Retreats
guards van at Oak Grove Retreats
Information regarding COVID-19 : Correct as of 16/04/21
Thank-You to all our guests for your continued support of this small business. We look forward to welcoming back our loyal returning customers as well as welcoming new customers to Doldowlod Old Station. Our aim is to provide you with a safe & happy holiday.
Please be aware when booking that accommodations can only be occupied by a single house-hold due to Corona Virus regulations. Extended household's (or bubbles) remain suspended in Wales until May 3rd (except for a single person household who may be considered part of one other household). Up to six adults may meet outside but may not mix inside with anyone from another household.
The Wales Government Website states
" Wales is moving out of alert level four, and now starting to move into level three. Welsh Ministers will consider further alert level three measures in the next review of the regulations.
The current restrictions on international travel for holidays remain in place.
Other changes include:
- Six people from two different households, excluding children under 11 are able to meet and exercise outdoors and in private gardens;
- Organised outdoor activities and sports for children and under 18s have resumed resumed & none essential shops have re-opened.
- Outdoor opening of outdoor areas & historic places and gardens have re-opened
- Libraries and archives are able to re-open.
NB should Covid-19 regulations prevent any holiday from going ahead, then we will re-arrange your dates, with no additional fees & subject to availability, under the terms of the Bedful Corona Virus Booking Guarantee scheme (see below).
We have been recognised as covid-compliant and "good to go" by Visit Britain and Visit Wales
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme applies for all bookings made via this website or via Bedful/Cool Camping. If you have used a booking agent (eg. UK Caravans, or Air BNB) please refer to their booking terms.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN:Your safety is our priority! We use an enhanced cleaning protocol & we leave 24 hours minimum between guests to allow for full airing & deep cleaning.
Please note that the default social distancing requirement throughout Wales continues to be 2 metres. We are currently only permitted to take bookings from single households. 2 households of no more than 4 adults in total, are permitted to meet up outside.
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme.
This covers bookings made after June 10th 2020 made via this website or cool camping/Bedful. This means that:
We are committed to offering our customers the clarity of the following Guarantee Policy for 2021
- A low deposit of 30% to secure the booking.
- The balance payment will not be due until 30 days before the holiday.
- No refunds, but complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months from the holiday start date and therefore not lose your holiday.
NB. Guests who have booked via other providers are subject to the booking conditions of their booking agent.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN: Your safety is our priority!
Cleanliness has always been important to us but it is now more important than ever. This is why we are committed to even higher standards for cleaning. We have undertaken & been tested on an enhanced cleaning protocol study package ( in partnership with Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene technologies)
We will follow an enhanced cleaning protocol, which was developed with expert guidance. Here are a few highlights:
- We sanitize high-touch surfaces, down to the doorknob
- We use cleaners and disinfectants approved by global health agencies, and I wear protective gear to help prevent cross-contamination
- We clean each room using extensive cleaning checklists
- We provide extra cleaning supplies, so you can clean as you stay
- We comply with local laws, including any additional safety or cleaning guidelines
1. All of our static caravan accommodations are self contained.
2. In order to provide glamping guests with private shower facilities we have blocked availability on our Guards Van & all new bookings will be for the Box Carriage only.
3. We will observe open air social distancing at check in and check out & we will wear face masks for your protection.
4. We are observing the recommended 24 hours between guests policy.
5. Laundry will be washed on a hot setting, additional Dettol laundry sanitiser will be added to every wash and laundry will be hot tumble dried.
6. The reception cabin will not be open but we will provide a set of new local information leaflets to each guest.
7. We are onsite and always available by phone should you have any issues.
Please remember to Clean as you go:
As per terms and conditions, please be aware that we operate a clean as you go policy, this means that we expect our guests to empty bins & remove rubbish and left over food from their accommodation, hoover all carpets and hard floors, clean crumbs and grease from surfaces and appliances and clean shower, WC, and sinks. It is high risk for our house-keeper to remove guest's general debris prior to starting the Covid-19 deep clean and a cleaning fee will be required if necessary.
We hope that you will enjoy a peaceful time in the great outdoors but please be aware that neither holiday guests nor caravan owners should visit Doldowlod Caravan Park if they or their family have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been advised to isolate, until after the isolation period.
We are following best practice guidance and all local regulations in respect of social distancing measures: which means no physical contact & keeping our distance when checking you in and out of your holiday accommodation & when we see you around the park. Please be assured that you are as warmly welcome as ever.
We appreciate that things are ever evolving. We are monitoring the situation closely and taking prompt action as government advice changes. We will update this page as and when any changes are made that directly affect you, our guests.
As per our Terms & Conditions: WE STRONGLY ADVISE GUESTS TO TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events. Furthermore we are not liable for our guests property whilst on the park. We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place.
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this difficult period and we hope that you and yours remain safe and well.